The 2013 Batang Pinoy or Philippine Youth Games (PYG) will be played starting August 2013, with DepEd and DILG assisting the Philippine Sports Commission in implementation of the program.
Batang Pinoy Games is an annual sports event aimed to address the country’s needs for comprehensive grassroots sports program. It is in pursuant to Executive Order No. 44 issued December 2, 1998 entitled ‘Declaring the Philippine Youth Games-Batang Pinoy as the National Sports Development Program for Children.’
Here’s the schedule and venues of cluster of games:
2013 Batang Pinoy schedule
- August 27-31, 2013 – Mindanao Qualifying Leg – Tagum City, Davao del Norte
- September 24-28, 2013 – Visayas Qualifying Leg – Maasin City, Southern Leyte
- October 15-19, 2013 – Luzon Qualifying Leg – Iba, Zambales
- November 19-23, 2013 – National Finals – Bacolod City
Guidelines of Public Schools
- Expenses of the pupil/student-athletes and school coaches relative to their participation in 2013 Batang Pinoy shall be shouldered by local government units they represent. No funds coming from the Deped shall be used. There shall be no fund raising activity by field officials, school administrators and teachers for the same purpose.
- The LGUs shall coordinate with the division/city schools physical education and school sports (PESS) supervisors regarding the identification, recruitment and participation of pupil/student-athletes and designation of coaches.
- Physical Education and other Deped teachers and non-teaching employees selected by NSA, as confirmed by PSC and approved by Deped, shall serve as officiating officials in Batang Pinoy. They will be allowed to serve on official time only.
- Make-up classes shall be held after each cluster and the national championships for all participating students will be arranged accordingly by their respective advisers and principals.
- PSC shall allocate funds for the 2013 PYGs, which shall include but not limited to, food, accommodations, honoraria and transportation expenses of all Deped technical officials to and from the host city.
- Public school premises shall not be used as sports competition venues, billeting areas, and other related purposes; unless otherwise approved by Deped through the Office of Undersecretary for Regional Operations.
These information was taken from Deped Memo No. 14 series of 2013.For more information on Batang Pinoy 2013, check their official site here. For more updates, please follow me on Twitter @nonoy or circle me on Google+.