Philippine Health Insurance Corporation is set to implement the new Philhealth Contribution Table 2014 for voluntary/individually-paying, employed, OFWs and sponsored members starting January next year.
Philhealth board resolution No. 1571 series of 2011 sanctioned the increase in the member premium contribution, but due to public clamor against it, the implementation of new schedule was deferred in 2013.
Board resolution 1842 series of 2013 empowers the agency to implement the increase in 2014. With the new schedule of contributions, Philhealth members will be entitled to in-patient hospital care including all the rate packages and catastrophic illnesses in the Case Z Type Benefit Package, out-patient coverage and other special benefit packages.
Contribution schedule for Individually-paying / Voluntary
- P25,000 and below monthly income – P2,400 annually (you can pay by quarter, semi-annual, annual)
- Over P25,000 monthly income - P3,600 annually
Contribution schedule for Employed sector
Premium rate for employed sector shall be at 2.5%, using the same salary bracket. Salary bracket floor is at P8,000 and ceiling at P35,000.
Contribution schedule for Sponsored members
This covers the Sponsored Program members who are not included in the NHTS PR list and whose contributions are fully or partially subsidized by the LGUs, legislators, private entities and national government agencies.
- Annual contribution – P2,400
Contribution schedule of OFWs
Starting January 1, 2014, landbased Overseas Filipino Workers shall pay annual contribution of P2,400. Premiums may be paid in local Philhealth offices or accredited collecting agents here and abroad.
Deadline of payments
- Quarterly: Pay until the last working day of the quarter being paid for.
- Semi-annual: Pay until the last working day of the first quarter of the semester being paid for.
- Annual: Pay until the last working day of the first quarter of the year being paid for.