The newly appointed PRC Board of Electronics Engineering members took oath at Professional Regulation Commission office on Thursday, September 5, 2013.
PRC Chairperson Teresita Manzala inducted the 3-man board in an oathtaking ceremony around 10:00 AM. The new board is composed of Dr. Alnar Detalla as Chairman, Engr. Enrico Delmoro and Engr. Hermie Orbe as Members. Witnessing the rites are outgoing BECE Joel Bajador, IECEP President Melvin Acosta, VP May Rose Imperial, Immediate Former President Romulo Agatep, spouses of the BECE and relatives.
New PRC Board of Electronics Engineering
The the three new appointees have met the following qualifications to be member of BECE:
- A citizen and resident of the Philippines;
- At least thirty-one years of age, and of good moral character;
- A registered electronics and communications engineer under this Act:
- Actually in active practice of the electronics and communications engineering occupation for at least ten years, in the government service or in private;
- Not a member of the faculty of any school, institute, college, or university where a regular course in electronics, communications or radio is taught, or if he has been such a faculty member, he has stopped teaching therein for at least three consecutive years immediately preceding his appointment; and
- Not financially interested directly or indirectly, in any school, institute, college, or university where a regular course in electronics and/or communications engineering is taught.
Earlier, PRC had indefinitely postponed the October 2013 ECE Board Exams due to lack ample time for the new members to formulate questions and prepare for the licensure exams. It is hoped that the new board could set a schedule for the next ECE board exam the soonest.